Sunday, 11 March 2012

MATTE BLACK FRENCH MANICURE

This felt way too long to do but i'm getting a jist that when ever I use my OPI Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees it takes for ever to dry and I end up smudging it and then adding more nail envy to correct it.
I doubt anyone will notice but I cut my nails shorter!!! To me this is like cutting my hair shorter. They have being growing really well over the past 12 weeks I have being off work as I have had more time to look after them and they haven't being chipping but my thumb did brake the other day and I noticed they were looking a little uneven and witch like so I decided to go for the square nail, if anyone is not sure on how to get them neater (which myn isn't quite there yet) I suggest looking at some videos on you tube as for filing I have habit to file a curve. I must admit they look a lot neater and won't break as much but it's very weird to get used to.


I noticed since I have being wearing a lot of dark nail varnish I have got a little yellowing on my nails so tried a little concoction of one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda mixed it together into a paste applied it with a cotton bud and left it on for about 15 mins I then used my electric toothbrush with a good dolop of whitening toothpaste on it and brush off the paste with the toothpaste and I was quite surprised. It hadn't all gone but there was a difference.


I then started with my OPI Nail Envy as base and strength then applied two coats of OPI Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees then another coat of OPI Nail Envy. I decided to leave them to dry over night as it was getting late. 
I have bought some french manicure tape tips from eBay as I didn't have any and the rings things I use for half moon wasn't the correct shape for square nails so I just used some sellotape. I then applied my Rimmel Matte nails varnish left them to dry, peeled the tape off and voila. I had to do a little touch up on the ends.
Items Used
OPI Nail Envy
OPI Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees
Rimmel Matte
Sellotape
OPI Drip Dry

2 comments:

  1. the matt colour looks really cool! i'm definitely going to try this!! looks fab

    www.sarablahblah.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Shame I chipped it when I was doing the washing up lol had to paint them again, now a nice new crackle.
      X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...